Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day.2 Talk about childlike faith.

It's Day 2 of me diving into the gratitude challenge...booyah.


Man, do i love my Tuesday nights...i get the opportunity to hang out with a ton of unique high-school students...It's awesome. Tonight I got to be in a room FULL of laughter, Rockin Music, Pool Tables, Awesome food, Great conversation,but even more than that incredible people.


We went back to the basics tonight. The basics of worship. The basics of loving and having a relationship with god. I was listening to some kids talk tonight about how they honestly didn't know how god could love someone like them after everything they've so called "done"...all it took for them to realize that, that was not at all the truth, was by simply going back to the basics. I was recently talking with a dear friend and he reminded me that "we often forget what love sounds like"and it went with what we talked about tonight... which was John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.he loved us THAT much simple as that.....it couldn't be more black and white.Where could you honestly ever find a love like that apart from god?


Childlike faith reminds me of when i was a little girl. No matter what I did those  days if i stole candy from the grocery store, colored on the brand new painted walls in our brand new house, or even left my bike laying in the middle of the road for my dad to run over when he got home, that no matter what my parents would forgive me, and love me just the same(even if that meant there was some spanking and crying involved). Since when did we start believing we're loved any less because of the things we do? I challenge whoever reads this to look back at times in your lives where you felt the shift,the shift where you started to believe you were suddenly loved because of the things you do rather than simply who you are. Today I am thankful for the childlike faith that brings me back to the basics of what a real relationship with God looks like.

1 comment:

  1. Mac, you amaze me! My throat is tight and tears threaten to spill over...thank you for remimding me about faith. that honest, trusting, you know everything is going to be ok kind of faith. I love you. momma coleman

    ReplyDelete